1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Taste it - you'll like it. I made this for my daughter because she loves white chocolate! This was my attempt at trying to look like a real chef. Courtesy - Source from thatsmyhome.com. I did not include the 6 hour chilling time in the recipe. Can be prepared up to 3 days ahead; just cover with plastic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1Mix crumbs and butter in medium bowl.
- 2Press into bottom of 8" diameter springform pan.
- 3Refrigerate crust while preparing mousse.
- 4Melt 6 oz. white chocolate in top of double boiler, over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Bring sugar and water to boil in heavy medium saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 7Continue boiling without stirring until candy thermometer resgisters 238 degrees (soft-ball stage).
- 8Meanwhile, using electric mixer fitted with clean dry beaters, beat egg whites with cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 9Gradually beat hot syrup into whites.
- 10Continue beating until mixture is stiff and glossy and bottom of bowl cools to barely lukewarm, about 3 minutes.
- 11Fold in warm chocolate.
- 12Refrigerate chocolate mixture until cool but not set, about 5 minutes.
- 13Whip cream, Grand Marnier and vanilla in another large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 14Fold in chopped white chocolate.
- 15Pour mixture into crust; smooth top with spatula.
- 16Sprinkle top with chopped pistachios.
- 17Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.(Can be prepared up to this stage - 3 days ahead).
- 18Remove pan sides.
- 19Raspberry sauce:.
- 20Puree raspberries in food processor or blender.
- 21Strain into medium bowl to remove seeds.
- 22Stir in sugar and Grand Marnier.
- 23Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- 24(This too, can be prepared up to 3 days ahead of time; cover in plastic wrap).
- 25Cut the cake into wedges and serve with raspberry sauce.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen White Chocolate Mousse Cake
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 105.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: