Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
A delicious recipe and perfect in the warm months. Of course you could ring the changes by using dark chocolate too.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 300 g good quality white chocolate, melted
- 180 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 drops vanilla
- 3 drops orange flower water (optional) or 3 drops Cointreau liqueur (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To melt the chocolate, grate or break into small chunks and place in a heat proof bowl over hot, but not simmering water, stirring regularly.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until pale and creamy, then beat in the warm chocolate working continuously so it doesn't set.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks form and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites with the sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold into the mixture with the optional flavours until just combined and freeze for four hours.