Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my Mom's recipes that she served at all her Holiday parties and is a great make ahead recipe. Prep time does not include freezing time. I'm not sure about the serving size since she always seemed to have plenty for everyone.
- 1 cup sugar
- 9 cups water
- 1 family-size tea bag
- 12 ounces lemonade concentrate
- 12 ounces orange juice concentrate
- 1 -2 cup Bourbon
- Place water in heavy sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the tea bag and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and add 1 cup of sugar while still hot.
- Let it cool completely. Then add the lemonade concentrate,the Orange juice concentrate and bourbon.
- Place in a freezer container and freeze overnight.
- Before serving remove from freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a while then whip up with hand mixer just before serving.
Great tasting !! I took Laurie41 advice and added some bourbon. Well enjoyed the the other half and myself. Made for Gimme 5.
this is delicious, since this was the first time trying this I reduced to half and only used a small amount of whiskey, and used 1 tea bag, this would be a great summertime drink that I will make again, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
I made this up but before adding the whiskey, set some aside without it, then added the entire cup to the rest...then invited the neighbors over today for a cocktail. Needless to say they enjoyed theirs and all are resting very nicely...lol. Sweet EddieBear and I had Virgin drink and enjoyed that also...but wonder why we aren't asleep yet...roflmbo. I would make the virgin up again just for the two of us anyday as it is quite good even without the whisky. Thank you for sharing this recipe.