Recipe by COOKGIRl
The original recipe is called Frozen Pineapple Pie, but since you could use any number of fruits flavors I bestowed the recipe this name. Same thing with the cookie crust-you choose the flavor; graham, vanilla wafer, chocolate, etc, depending on the type of juice you use. Quick to make with only four ingredients and the perfect summertime dessert. There's even a recipe on Zaar for making your own sweetened condensed milk! Recipe source unknown.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces whipping cream, halved (original recipe used Cool Whip)
- 1 (6 ounce) container frozen pineapple concentrate (or tangerine, strawberrry, etc.) or 1 (6 ounce) containerfrozen lime juice concentrate (or tangerine, strawberrry, etc.)
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crusts or 1 vanilla wafer pie crusts or 1 chocolate crumb crust, baked and cooled
- prepared whipping cream (to garnish)
- orange zest (optional) or lemon zest (optional) or lime zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk and fruit juice concentrate of choice.
- Fold in 8 ounces of the whipping cream. Pour the mixture into a prepared pie shell.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove pie from freezer 15 minutes prior to serving so that it is easier to slice.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of whipping cream and a few strands of fruit zest if desired. Or, if you prefer, spread the remaining 8 ounces of whipping cream on top of the pie, then slice. Do not prepare the whipping cream for the topping until just before serving.
- Can be prepared up to 1 day in advance.