Recipe by justcallmetoni
Thinking ahead to Cinco de Mayo and stumbled on this recipe. Thought others might want to join me for the occasion so I am posting this untried.
Top Review by MissGolightly
These were so easy to make and were delicious! We added a little fresh lime juice in addition to the limeade to cut the sweetness a little and rimmed the glasses with green decorating sugar. They were beautiful and refreshing. Everyone raved about them!
- 1182.95 ml watermelon, seeded & cubed
- 170.09 g can frozen limeade concentrate
- 118.29-158.51 ml tequila
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2 limes, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the seeded watermelon cubes in a sealable plastic bag and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours. You can do this days ahead if you are planning a party.
- Before starting to make the beverage itself, cut one of your limes into 8 wedges for garnish. Cut the second lime in quarters and use it to moisten the rim of of your serving glasses. Place the sugar in a shallow bowl or small (dessert) plate. One by one, wipe the rim of each glass with the quartered lime, then dip in the sugar until you have a nice rim.
- Place half of the frozen watermelon, along with half the limeade and tequilla in a blender.
- Blend until the beverage is mixed and there are no fruit bits but it is still frosty and slushy.
- Pour into prepared glass and serve with a lime wedge for garnish.
- Repeat with second half of ingredients.