Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Select the ripest melon you can find and freeze the chunks. The froze chunks are only chilling agent and the drinks are not diluted. From "The El Paso Chile Company Margarita Cookbook: by W. Park Kerr.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 lime wedges
- kosher salt, on a small plate
- 3⁄4 cup triple citrus tequila or 3⁄4 cup any good-quality tequila
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- Place the melon chunks in a plastic bag and freeze until solid. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a large stemmed cocktail glass. dip the moistened rim in the salt. Set the lime wedge and glass aside. Repeat with the remaining wedges and glasses.
- Transfer about three fourths of the melon chunks, separating them, to a blender jar. Add the tequila, Triple Sec and lime juice and blend until fairly smooth. Add the remaining melon and blend until smooth. Divide the cocktail mixture among the prepared glasses. Squeeze a lime wedge into each cocktail, drop the wedge into the glass, and serve immediately.