Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Refreshing summer drink from cooking.com. I wasn't able to find the Triple Citrus tequila, so just used the regular flavored.
- 4 cups watermelon, seedless, 1-inch chunks
- 4 lime wedges
- kosher salt, on a small plate
- 3⁄4 cup triple citrus tequila or 3⁄4 cup any good-quality tequila
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- Place the melon chunks in a plastic bag, and freeze until solid.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of a large stemmed cocktail glass. Dip the moistened rim in salt. Set the lime wedge and glass aside. Repeat with the remaining wedges and 3 more glasses.
- Transfer about 3/4 of the melon chunks, separating them, to a blender. Add the tequila, triple sec, and lime juice, and blend until fairly smooth. Divide the cocktail mixture among the prepared glasses. Squeeze a lime wedge into each cocktail, drop the wedge into the glass and serve immediately.
- TEQUILA TIP:.
- For an extra touch of color and flavor, mix 2 teaspoons finely minced lime zest (colored peel) into the salt before rimming the glass.
Wonderful Fresh and Fruity! Be sure when preparing this drink that you allow ample freeze time for your watermelon. I put mine in the freezer for a couple hours, which was not enough time to make a slushy frozen drink. However, served on the rocks still makes for a great margarita! ;) Great flavor made with great tasting watermelon! Thanks for another great recipe, Lazyme!