Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Watch this drink it is sneaky, but also very refrehing
- 2 1⁄2 cups seedless watermelon, rind already removed,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces tequila (hopefully an aged tequila)
- 2 ounces Cointreau liqueur (or triple sec)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice
- Place cut watermelon on a cookie sheet and place in freezer, freeze solid, remove and place in a plastic bag, keep in the freezer until ready to mix the drink Place all the ingredients in your food processor or blender and puree until smooth Garnish with a watermelon wedge if you want!
I had no Cointrau or triple sec so I used Gran Marinier. This is a delicate and lovely drink. Probably better without salted rims.
I probably had more than I should have! Need I say more?
What a fun and refreshing drink for Cinco de Mayo. And I have more watermelon in my freezer to enjoy another time. Thanks for sharing, Bergy. Made for Bevy tag.