Recipe by cookiedog
From my local newpaper. Great for a hot summer day.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
hmm I made a review yesterday but I guess it failed... Anyway this was fantastic! A great sweet but not overly sweet drink, and simple too! I liked it both as a sorbet as well as with the carbonated water. I also found out that mint goes well in this through my garnish lol. It is a great looking drink too, especially using a melon baller to create a bunch of balls in the cup! A great summer drink for sure!
- 709.77 ml cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- 118.29 ml raspberries
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 lemons, juice of (about 1/2 cup)
- 354.88 ml calorie-free carbonated water, strawberry flavored, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place watermelon cubes and raspberries in blender; process until smooth. Pour juice through a sieve; discard pulp.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, just until sugar dissolves. Set syrup aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir syrup and lemon juice into watermelon juice mixture. Pour into freezer container, cover and freeze until firm.
- Using ice cream scoop, spoon mixture into tall glasses. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons strawberry-flavored water over frozen juice in each glass. Serve immediately.
- VARIATION: To serve as sorbet, freeze juice mixture in 8 inch square dish. Omit strawberry-flavored carbonated water. Using a small scoop, shape frozen juice mixture into balls and arrange in individual serving dishes.