Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just in time for summer, here is a really refreshing libation! Prep time includes freezer time.
- 3 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Put watermelon, sugar, lime juice, and rum in food processor or blender.
- Process until slushy.
- Freeze about 2 hours, until very thick and slushy.
- Spoon into glasses.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
Okay these were a big big hit...forget the mint,you don't need it,,I used splenda for the sugar and used coconut rum and they were fabulous....a must try for a hot summer evening, something we seem to be lacking here this year.
WOW!!! I am buying watermelons just to make this and keep it in the freezer!!! SO easy and SO amazing!!! I spooned ours into glasses and topped it off with a splash of squirt. The husband wanted to lick the container clean!!! No need to bother with the mint garnish, it just gets in the way!! LOL!!! Seriously with the holiday weekend approaching this is a MUST try!!!