Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a low fat frozen yogurt. Wonderful if served with fruit. This comes in at a wopping 3 points for Weight Watchers
- In a bowl, beat egg with sugar until combined; set aside.
- In a saucepan heat milk just until bubbles appear around side of pan. Stir a little into egg mixture, then pour back into saucepan. Cook over heat, stirring just until thickened, 2 - 4 minutes. (DO not let mixture boil or egg will curdle).
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat yogurt and vanilla into cooled mixture.
- Process in ice cream machine.
This recipe is a stinker. There is absolutely no sweetness to the finished product, which can only be saved by adding a bunch more sugar.
I was seriously craving some ice cream after being on a no-sugar diet for a month. I tried this recipe minus the brown sugar and it really isn't that bad. I mellowed out the tanginess with some chopped almonds, and I'm sure to enjoy the rest just as much. I don't have an ice cream machine, so I just put it in the freezer in a metal container for an hour, whipped and repeated the process three times before transferring to a tupperware container.