Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A great summertime refreshener. It takes 24 hours freezer time
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- lemon wedge
- Day before serving: In hot butter in small skillet, saute onion until golden.
- Turn into blender container.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire, and half of tomato juice Blend, at high speed, 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Turn into 13 x 9 x 2 inch metal pan.
- Stir in remaining tomato juice.
- Cover with foil or plastic film, and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer 1 hour before serving.
- Let stand at room temperature until it begins to melt.
- Break up with fork, and beat until no large pieces remain.
- Blend half at a time, at high speed, until smooth, not melted.
- Turn into sherbet glasses.
- Serve at once with lemon wedges.