This is such a fantastic dessert for any great dinner - delicious!!
Make and share this Frozen Swiss Roll Ice Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (400 g) packages chocolate swiss rolls, individually wrapped, sliced in 4 (6 mini rolls in each package)
- 8 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄2 cup smucker's sundae syrup, Caramel Syrup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup smucker's sundae syrup, Chocolate Syrup, for garnish (optional)
- Line a 12 cup metal bowl with plastic wrap.
- Line inside of bowl with sliced swiss rolls, allowing them to overlap if necessary. Reserve the remaining slices for the top.
- Fill with 2 cups of softened ice cream, spreading ice cream slightly up the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with 1/4 of the caramel syrup.
- Continue layering ice cream and alternating syrups, ending with ice cream.
- Place remaining swiss roll slices on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 3 hours. To serve, invert onto serving dish, remove plastic wrap and garnish with additional sundae syrups.