Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is lovely to have on hand and simple to serve. Times do not include freezing overnight.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 7 cups water
- 4 tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 liters lemon soda or 2 liters lime soda or 2 liters ginger ale
- Put 7 cups water in large saucepan, and heat on high until boiling.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place teabags in 2 cups boiling water, and let steep until desired strength is acquired.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar water, tea, lemonade concentrate and orange juice concentrate.
- Place in freezer container and freeze overnight.
- To serve, Place several scoops into a tall glass, and fill with any clear carbonated beverage.
Made some adjustments to scale it down a bit and really enjoyed with lemon/grapefruit soda. Nice way to cool down. Thanks!
I used a pink lemonade concentrate and the OJ was a blend ( bought by mistake) but never the less this is a wonderfully tasty slush. I used only 6 cups of water for the first measure only because I wasn't sure if my container would hold it all. I use Ginger Ale as the top up beverage. I have been making a similar slushy for eons and love this variation. Will make again and again. Made for Photo Tag