Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A light, refreshing, super EASY dessert that takes minutes to prepare with a minimum of ingredients. I like this even better than the traditional variation!
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1 pint strawberry sorbet or 1 pint fat-free frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 package jell-o brand strawberry gelatin (you may use sugar free low calorie if you prefer)
- 4 cups cubed fat-free pound cake (13.6 oz.)
- Stir whipped topping, sorbet and gelatin in large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in cake cubes.
- Spoon into 8-inch square pan.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Store leftovers in freezer.
I chose this to make in advance for Easter (since we were traveling and arriving home on the holiday). This was SO fast to stir together! I used a package of ladyfinger s(soft) for the cake. The texture of the ladyfingers worked great (similar to angel food cake). I used straw. sorbet and about half of the pkg. of Jello. I also liked how it didn't freeze rock solid and was easy to cut/serve. This is a very pretty pink dessert and the straw. flavor reminded me of the Straw. Shortcake Frozen Good Humor Bars, which we enjoy! Thanks Laura, for posting! UPDATE: my husband loves this topped with some vanilla pudding! Roxygirl
This was just as described, light, refreshing and easy! I made this with sugarfree jello (small pkg) and used an entire angel food cake instead of pound cake, and used Schwans strawberry supreme frozen yogurt. I really liked the texture of it , and this didn't freeze super solid, so it was easy to cut even after hours in the freezer. Thanks for posting, I love desserts like this that I can eat big portions of without feeling guilty!