Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The original recipe for this was called "Champagne Salad". I changed it because I leave out the bananas and pecans as my kids don't care for them. If you wish to include them, add 2 diced bananas and 1 cup chopped pecans. I place this in cupcake liners (the foil kind) and freeze on a cookie sheet until solid and then place in a freezer bag. This makes portioning easy. The title says salad but this is realy more of a dessert.
- Drain pineapple.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and cream cheese.
- Add the strawberries and pineapple.
- fold in the cool whip.
- Freeze in a 9 x 13 pan or in cupcake liners.
- To serve: Thaw the 9 x 13 pan for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- My kids eat the cupcake size ones still frozen- they are like a popsicle.