Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes two attractive pies using store-bought chocolate crumb crust.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the strawberries. Fold in the whipped topping and pecans. Pour into crusts. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving.
We did not like this recipe in our house. One good thing about this is it is very easy to make. We didn't like the nuts and the choc. crumb crust.
This was both easy and delicious. I made it as a dessert alternative for a family BBQ in case folks wanted something refreshing instead of cake. It was all consumed! I did not use a chocolate crust due to allergies and subbed the graham cracker. Thanks for such a quick and easy dessert
This was very easy and tastes great! Making more to keep in the freezer while strawberries are in season. I used reduced fat cream cheese, regular prepared graham cracker crust and substitued half the sugar with Splenda for baking. Also added a teaspoon of strawberry extract to the whipped topping for a stronger flavor. The pecans are a nice surprise.