2 hrs 30 mins
Wow! Mildly sweet and delicously creamy with a nice strawberry kick. I adapted this recipe from an Italian cooking show on TV (don't remember which one). Be sure to dice the strawberries small, as they're too hard to cut through when frozen. "Cooking" time is actually freezing time. Note: contains raw eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the egg whites into a small deep bowl, and the egg yolks into a medium bowl.
- 2Add Splenda, almond extract, vodka, food coloring and a pinch of salt to the yolks; whisk to combine.
- 3Add diced strawberries to yolks and whisk again.
- 4With an electric beater, whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 5Fold egg whites into yolk mixture in 2 additions.
- 6With an electric beater, whip heavy whipping cream to stiff peaks.
- 7Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture in 2 additions.
- 8Divide mousse between 4 8-oz.
- 9ramekins or serving dishes and freeze for 2-4 hours.
- 10For ease of handling, place dishes in a baking pan (an 8 x 8 pan holds 4 ramekins) before transferring to freezer.
- 11If mousse has been in the freezer for more than 4 hours, let sit at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- 12Contains about 4.
- 135 Net Carbs per serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Strawberry Mousse, Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.5 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g