Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious! Freezing is included in Prep time.
Make and share this Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 20 creme filled chocolate sandwich style cookies, such as oreos,ground finely
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package frozen strawberry, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- fresh strawberry slices
- Coat a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cookies crumbs with butter.
- Using a measuring cup, press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- Using fingers, pinch crumbs together at top edge to form neat border around crust.
- In food processor or blender, puree strawberries with 3/4 cup sugar, tequila and juice; transfer to bowl.
- In another bowl at high speed, beat 1/2 cup cream until stiff peaks form.
- Using whisk fold whipped cream into strawberry mixture.
- Spread 2 cups strawberry mixture in crust.
- Cover pie and remaining bowl of filling with plastic wrap; freeze 2 hours.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Spread remaining filling over frozen pie, mounding slightly in center.
- Wrap; freeze until firm, 3 hours.
- Beat remaining cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Spread 2 cups whipped cream over pie.
- If desired, transfer remaining whipped cream to pastry bag with fitted star tip; pipe or mound around edge of pie.
- Return to freezer until ready to serve.
- If desired, decorate top with sliced strawberries.