Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Prep time does not include freezing time.
Make and share this Frozen Strawberry Margarita Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups pretzel sticks, thin salted
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, well chilled
- 8 3⁄4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Thinly slice 3/4 cup strawberries, set aside. Cut remaining berries in half; toss with sugar and spread on lined sheet. Freeze about 30 minutes until partially frozen.
- Crust: Process pretzels and sugar in food processor to make fine crumbs. Add butter, pulse until blended. Press evenly over bottom and sides of pie plate. Freeze 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Clean processor. Add sugared halved strawberries; process until pureed. Add remaining ingrediensts (except sliced berries); pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, stir in sliced strawberries.
- Spoon into crust and freeze uncovered at least 6 hours. Wrap airtight and freeze at least 2 hours more.
- To serve, refrigerate about 15 minutes for easier slicing.