Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This recipe comes from Land O Lakes and is just a wonderful pie. Great on hot days. This can be made non-alcoholic by just using orange juice, but the adults LOVE this with the tequila!! Instead of having salt on the rim, the salty pretzels as the crust work in this pie!
Top Review by Peppermint Shannon
The flavor was very nice in this pie, however, it was difficult to serve. I found it to be too hard from the freezer, but as I let it soften, the cool whip got too melty. The hot day may have been a factor for me. I am not sure if I will try this one again or not. If I do, I think I will make squares in a deeper pan, rather than the traditional pie plate.
- 1 cup pretzel, finely crushed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled (reserve 4 for garnish)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, slightly thawed
- 3 tablespoons tequila (or orange juice)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8 small pretzels
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Stir together all crust ingredients in medium bowl. Press onto bottom and up sides fo a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 8-10 min or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Place strawberries in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade or a blender.
- Process on high speed until well mixed - 1 minute.
- Add ice cream, limeade, tequila and orange juice. Continue processing until well mixed.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Freeze until firm - at least 4 hours if not overnight.
- Slice 4 reserved strawberries and garnish pie with whipped topping, pretzels and sliced strawberries.