Recipe by Dine & Dish
I found this while looking on line for a Cinco de Mayo type dessert. This was delicious...just like a strawberry margarita, yet in dessert form! Prep time equals freezing time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (I used Grand Mariner)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crust: Combine pretzels, sugar and melted butter. Press firmly into bottom of 8" spring form pan. Chill.
- For filling, combine condensed milk, lime juice, tequila and orange liquor.
- Beat until smooth. Add strawberries, beat at low speed until well-blended. Fold in whipping cream. Pour over crust, freeze 4 - 6 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.