Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Now that I've come up with a way to make this with no added sugar I'll be making it as soon as I can get the strawberry topping/syrup, YAY!. Plan A makes one large drink and PLAN B will make up to 4. The time given is for Plan A while Plan B will take longer because it uses an ice cream maker for freezing.
- 16 ounces prepared lemonade (like Country Time powdered drink mix or enough to make it the strength you like best)
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons strawberry ice cream topping
- 4 1⁄2 cups of chilled lemonade (premade from the store, or 4 1/2 cups of homemade lemonade sweetened with Splenda or sugar)
- sugar free strawberry syrup (or not sugar free, your choice) or ice cream topping (or not sugar free, your choice)
- PLAN A:.
- Prepare the 16 oz's lemonade according to the package directions.
- Place all of the lemonade, and 2 cups of ice in a blender.
- Blend until the ice is crushed completely.
- Place about two tablespoons of strawberry ice cream topping in the bottom of a glass, and then pour frozen lemonade over the strawberry topping.
- Enjoy at once.
- PLAN B:.
- Place lemonade in your 1 1/2 qt ice cream maker and freeze accordingly for 20 minutes.
- Place some of the frozen lemonade in the bottom of each glass followed by a good squirt of the strawberry syrup.
- Fill glasses with remaining frozen lemonade and enjoy!
This is a great tasting slush and the strawberry lemon flavor hits the spot on a warm sunny day. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Loved this easy-to-make TALL, refreshing drink, although another time I might just make it with lemonade from fresh lemons & then cut back on the amount of sugar I use in the lemonade itself, leaving the sweetening to be done mostly with the strawberry syrup! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]