Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious and refreshing drink!
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 3⁄4 cup cold-brewed green tea
- 1⁄2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- honey, to taste
- sliced strawberry, garnish
- lemon slice, to garnish
- mint sprig, to garnish
- In blender, mix crushed ice, tea, frozen strawberries and honey until smooth.
- If desired, add additional honey to taste.
- Garnish with sliced strawberry, lemon slice and mint sprig, if desired.
OK, so this was a nice change of pace for dinner tonight! I used fresh berries which I froze. . .I think if you used frozen/slightly sweetened berries this would definitely be better. I also think if I used traditional iced tea (instead of green tea which is VERY mild), I would bump it to a 5. Will have to try this out. Bonus was that my picky toddler even tried it (RARE that he tries anything I cook LOL). Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap Aug 2009.
This was nice and cool for a very hot day, but it didn't have much flavor. I added a few extra berries and used just a little honey otherwise it would have overwhelme the light flavor of the tea. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09
Easy and pretty to make. I thought this needed more berries so I added extra. I used sugar instead of honey, personal preference. Made for summer Comfort cafe.