Soup Queen's Note:
My mom submitted this recipe for a church cookbook 30 years ago. I'm not sure where she found it, but it is a family favorite. It's very easy, very delicious and great for summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first four ingredients with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- 2Pat into a 9x13 pan. (It doesn't need to go all the way to the edges. You will be crumbling this up.).
- 3Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- 4After this has cooled, crush it into fine crumbs. Reserve one third of the crumbs for topping, and spread the remaining crumbs evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- 5Whip the cream and set it aside.
- 6Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixer bowl and beat at high speed until very stiff.
- 7Combine strawberry mixture with whipped cream.
- 8Pour filling into crust and top with reserved crumbs, lightly pressing the crumbs into the filling.
- 9Cover and freeze until firm.
- 10I always make double the crust amount because I end up munching it as I go. (How can you miss with butter, brown sugar and nuts, especially pecans?) If you do this you may want to bake your crust in a larger pan.
- 11Regarding the egg whites - I used only one the last time I made this, and in my Kitchenaid it went all the way to the top of my bowl. It turned out great, but if you prefer a lighter filling, use 2 or 3 egg whites and it will be a little airier.
- 12I always use frozen strawberries (unsweetened) to save time and work. I thaw a 16-ounce bag and just dump the whole thing in, juice and all. No need to slice them as the whipping will break them up.
- 13Depending on the power of your mixer and number of egg whites you use, you may have more filling than a 9x13 pan will accommodate. Darn! You'll be forced to do some quality control!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Strawberry Fluff
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g