Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Light dessert. This is great for the holidays when you don't need another heavy dessert.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Combine crumb mixture and spread on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees until it gets brown and crumbly. Stir a couple of times while it is baking.
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Reserve the other 1/2 for a topping.
- Beat egg whites.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add berries. (slightly thawed).
- Add lemon juice and beat 10 minutes at high speed. NO LESS!
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Place mixture on top of crumbs in 9 x 13 inch pan. Place other half of crumbs on top of mixture.
- Place in freezer.
- Enjoy after it is frozen!