Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love this dish. It's called a salad, but I eat it as dessert. A wonderful dish during the hot summer months.
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 medium bananas, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Stir together pie filling& ice cream.
- Sprinkle bananas with lemon juice.
- Add bananas& nuts to ice cream mixture.
- Turn into 8 individual molds- freeze until firm.
- Move to the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
- Unmold onto lettuce lined plates.
This is my kind of salad! I served as the last salad of my salad dinner the other night and it blew everyone away. I also add crushed pineapple and my chocolate loving brother want chocolate sryup on his and that really made it taste like a banana split. Thanks :-)
Well I certainly have to agree with you,this is a wonderful dessert,I threw in a cup of crushed pineapple (well drained) ,and it was like having a banana split.I can\'t imagine calling this a salad,but it sure is GOOD!!! Thanks,Darlene