Gerry sans Sanddunes's Note:
I quote and agree with everything Chef Anna Olson says about this recipe - one featured on her Food Network Canada TV program, SUGAR. "This recipe looks like a spectacular baked souffle without the effort or worry of whether it will sink! Essentially a light, frozen mousse, the rhubarb flavour compliments the white chocolate making it a refreshing dessert."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1THE RHUBARB: Simmer rhubarb, sugar and vanilla until soft.
- 2Puree, then set aside to cool.
- 3THE MOUSSE: Prepare 6 x 4oz ramekins by wrapping outsides with parchment or waxed paper rings to stand 2 inches above the ramekin's lip.
- 4Secure parchment with an elastic band or string.
- 5Over a pot of simmering water (or in a microwave) melt chocolate and set aside to cool. (Keep water simmering on stove.)
- 6Whip cream to soft peaks and chill.
- 7Over simmering water,whisk together egg yolks, water, brandy and 2 tbsp sugar for 2 minutes to warm eggs.
- 8Remove from simmer, and whisk chocolate into egg yolk mixture.
- 9Let mixture sit until at room temperature.
- 10Fold in whipped cream in two additions just until incorporated.
- 11Whip egg whites to medium-peak, and add the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar and a dash of salt.
- 12Fold one third of the egg-whites into mousse followed by the remaining two thirds.
- 13Quickly fold in the rhubarb.
- 14Spoon mousse into the ramekins, filling up over the edge of each ramekin.
- 15Freeze overnight- or at least 6 hours.
- 16TO ASSEMBLE: Simply remove the parchment/waxed paper and garnish the frozen mousse (what IS the plural of"mousse"?) with a few fresh berries.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Rhubarb and White Chocolate Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.6
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.2 mg
- Sodium 105.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: