Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is from Chef Curtis Stone (Take home Chef). I made this for my parents tonight and they loved it. A little different from the norm, but made the occassion so special. Try not to over freeze.
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries (or Frozen, not sweetened, thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Puree Raspberries and sugar in food processor or blender. Strain puree through a fine meshed sieve and into a large bowl. (the seeds are sour, the less the better).
- Whip heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer till triple in size and stiff like whipped cream.
- Fold whipped cream into raspberry puree.
- In seperate bowl, beat egg whites and powdered sugar with an electric mixer till stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold this mixture in with raspberry puree/whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into souffle dishes equally. Freeze for three hours or just until the raspberry mixture is frozen.
- Top with Fresh Raspberry, Mint leave and powdered sugar for flare!
- *** You can make it look like a souffle by wrapping parchment paper around a ramekin and fill it above the rim.