6 hrs 30 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From the local paper. It sounds delicious! Looking forward to trying it soon. Cook time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about one 9 oz pkg)
- 1/3 cup melted margarine or 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chocolate fudge sauce, slightly softened
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla ice cream (see note)
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, without syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1To make crust: In medium bowl, combine crushed chocolate wafers, margarine and sugar; mix well.
- 2Set aside 1/4 C of the mixture and press remaining mixture onto bottom of 9x13-inch pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 3Carefully spread chocolate fudge sauce over crust, using tip of a rounded knife and being careful not to pull up crust.
- 4Cut slightly softened ice cream into slices and place them over the fudge, cutting pieces to fit.
- 5Place spoonfuls of sherbet randomly over ice cream and gently swirl into the ice cream.
- 6If the ice cream mixture starts to get too soft, set pan in freezer until it firms up slightly.
- 7Top with raspberries, gently pressing them into the ice cream mixture, then cover with whipped topping, bringing it to the edges of the pan.
- 8Garnish with reserved chocolate crumbs, cover, and freeze 6 hours or overnight.
- 9Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.
- 10Note: For easy prep, buy a half gallon of ice cream and cut it in half. Freeze one half to use in other desserts. Let the other half soften just enough to cut it into slices. If desired, 1 quart of ice cream can be used. Soften, then evenly spread over fudge.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Raspberry Delight
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 213.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 32.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g