Recipe by Lorac
This sounds so delicious and so easy (no bake!). I just found this recipe from Kraft Foods I plan to make it as soon as I can get to the market. Prep time does not include 4 hours freezing time.
- 1 cup ginger snaps, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed,divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crumbs, walnuts and butter in small bowl.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish.
- Press onto bottom of foil-lined 8-inch square pan and refrigerate.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add pudding mixes, pumpkin and spice.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Gently stir in 2-1/4 cups of the whipped topping and spread over crust.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes or until dessert can be easily cut.
- Cut into squares and garnish with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- For easy snacking, wrap frozen squares individually and freeze.
- Take out as desired for quick snacks.