Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This came from the Mr.Food Cookbook
Make and share this Frozen Pumpkin Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Combine the pumpkin, corn syrup, spices, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon mixture into crust.
- Freeze until firm,about 4 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with extra whipped topping before serving!
I found this on a whim after discovering that I had no sweetened condensed milk for a traditional pumpkin pie. Wow, it was really good! It tasted a lot like pumpkin pie and ice cream mixed together. I followed the instructions, but had it frozen for about 8 hours before serving and I would recommend leaving it our a little longer (maybe 20-25 minutes) if you freeze it for an extended amount of time. I wish I knew of a sub to get cut down on of some of the corn syrup, but I'm afraid it wouldn't taste quite as good. Thank you for posting! I think this will be my new "go to" pie recipe for Thanksgiving!