Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Time to start digging out all the holiday recipes. Here is a great one for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Fold in ice cream. Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 dish. Sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.