Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful fall dessert--perfect for Thanksgiving! Cooking time is freezing time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin (no spices)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- Crust: Combine butter and crumbs and press into a 8x8 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Filling: Combine all ingredients, except ice cream, and mix well. Fold in softened ice cream and spread evenly over crust.
- Freeze at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with whip cream if desired.
Delicious! Made it for Thanksgiving '08, and was fantastic. Everyone loved it. Loved the gingersnap crust.
This was an excellent dessert-and so easy. I used gluten free ginger snaps. I made this for my husband and a friend that has celiac disease. I cut it into squares and kept in freezer and it was wonderful to have a quick gluten free dessert on hand!
I made this for Thanksgiving last year and it was all the rave. I too used cinnamon grahams because that is what I had on hand. If I do make it again this year, I will do the same. Really enjoyed this, it's a definite keeper! Thanks so much Pamela!