Not a "hasty pudding", this sweet dessert comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix fruits with rum and cover tightly.
- 2Let stand for 2 or 3 hours.
- 3Beat eggs; add sugar and salt and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add milk.
- 5Cook in a double boiler stirring constantly.
- 6When thickened, remove from heat and cool.
- 7Fold in whipped cream and fruits.
- 8Pour into a pan and freeze for an hour.
- 9Beat; return to freezer for another hour and beat again.
- 10Repeat once more; fill small molds (paper cups work fine).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Pudding With Rum
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 85.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit