7 hrs 20 mins
7 hrs 20 mins
An Especially Great non traditional Thanksgiving Dessert! Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints praline ice cream or 2 pints French vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- whipped cream
- coarsely chopped pecans
- 1Put an 8" springform pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill throughly.
- 2Working quickly, spoon ice cream into chilled pan, pressing it in bottom and up sides with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- 3Put two 14x12" strips of plastic wrap crossing diagonally over ice cream.
- 4Press wrap gently against ice cream to form a 1/2" thick shell.
- 5Freeze about 2 hours until firm.
- 6In a medium saucepan mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well blended.
- 7Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes until mixture just comes to a boil.
- 8Transfer to a large bowl.
- 9Refrigerate at least 1 hour, until completely cool.
- 10Whip cream in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- 11Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 12Remove plastic wrap from frozen ice cream shell and pour in pumpkin mixture.
- 13Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 14Just before serving remove pan sides and, if desired, lift torte from pan bottom, using 2 broad metal spatulas.
- 15Place dessert on a serving plate.
- 16Pipe a border of whipped cream around bottom.
- 17Garnish top with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 18Arrange glazed pecans around top edge.
- 19***Note:Ice cream should be soft enough to spoon but not melted.
- 20It is too soft if it is melted around edges.
- 21Glazed Pecans: Have a lightly greased cookie sheet ready.
- 22In a small saucepan stir 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 2 Tbls.
- 23butter or margarine and 1 Tbls.
- 24water over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- 25Boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thick and golden.
- 26Remove from heat; stir in 8 to 10 pecan halves until well coated.
- 27With slotted spoon lift pecans from pan, one at a time, scraping off excess sugar mixture, and arrange on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer.
- 28Let stand until set and completely cool.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Praline Pumpkin Torte
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 124.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
praline ice cream