Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 7 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Especially Great non traditional Thanksgiving Dessert! Prep time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Frozen Praline Pumpkin Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pints praline ice cream or 2 pints French vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- whipped cream
- coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 -10 pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Put an 8" springform pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill throughly.
- Working quickly, spoon ice cream into chilled pan, pressing it in bottom and up sides with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Put two 14x12" strips of plastic wrap crossing diagonally over ice cream.
- Press wrap gently against ice cream to form a 1/2" thick shell.
- Freeze about 2 hours until firm.
- In a medium saucepan mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well blended.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, until completely cool.
- Whip cream in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Remove plastic wrap from frozen ice cream shell and pour in pumpkin mixture.
- Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving remove pan sides and, if desired, lift torte from pan bottom, using 2 broad metal spatulas.
- Place dessert on a serving plate.
- Pipe a border of whipped cream around bottom.
- Garnish top with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Arrange glazed pecans around top edge.
- ***Note:Ice cream should be soft enough to spoon but not melted.
- It is too soft if it is melted around edges.
- Glazed Pecans: Have a lightly greased cookie sheet ready.
- In a small saucepan stir 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 2 Tbls.
- butter or margarine and 1 Tbls.
- water over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thick and golden.
- Remove from heat; stir in 8 to 10 pecan halves until well coated.
- With slotted spoon lift pecans from pan, one at a time, scraping off excess sugar mixture, and arrange on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Let stand until set and completely cool.