Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep7 hrs 20 mins
An Especially Great non traditional Thanksgiving Dessert! Prep time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Frozen Praline Pumpkin Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pints praline ice cream or 2 pints French vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- whipped cream
- coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 -10 pecans
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- Put an 8" springform pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to chill throughly.
- Working quickly, spoon ice cream into chilled pan, pressing it in bottom and up sides with the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Put two 14x12" strips of plastic wrap crossing diagonally over ice cream.
- Press wrap gently against ice cream to form a 1/2" thick shell.
- Freeze about 2 hours until firm.
- In a medium saucepan mix pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until well blended.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, until completely cool.
- Whip cream in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Remove plastic wrap from frozen ice cream shell and pour in pumpkin mixture.
- Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving remove pan sides and, if desired, lift torte from pan bottom, using 2 broad metal spatulas.
- Place dessert on a serving plate.
- Pipe a border of whipped cream around bottom.
- Garnish top with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Arrange glazed pecans around top edge.
- ***Note:Ice cream should be soft enough to spoon but not melted.
- It is too soft if it is melted around edges.
- Glazed Pecans: Have a lightly greased cookie sheet ready.
- In a small saucepan stir 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 2 Tbls.
- butter or margarine and 1 Tbls.
- water over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thick and golden.
- Remove from heat; stir in 8 to 10 pecan halves until well coated.
- With slotted spoon lift pecans from pan, one at a time, scraping off excess sugar mixture, and arrange on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Let stand until set and completely cool.