Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is one of our favorite dessert recipes. It can be made ahead and keeps a long time in the freezer. If you like pistachio, you should try this! Cook time is for freezing.
Top Review by Debbb
I'm basing my 5 stars on the ease of this recipe & how much of a hit it was... even though I had to make a couple of major changes. Because I didn't want to hit a second grocery store, I had to use vanilla ice-cream in place of the frozen yogurt & chocolate pudding in place of the pistachio pudding. Very refreshing & light tasting (even with the ice-cream) and quite fancy looking.
Edited 08/29/10: I tried this recipe again using all the proper ingredients & served at a family bbq. It looked so pretty with the pistachio pudding & everyone was gushing about it! Definitely a go-to recipe!!
- 1 quart vanilla frozen yogurt
- 20 ounces Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften ice cream while preparing crust.
- Place cookies in a food processor or blender; cover and process until fine crumbs form.
- Stir in butter.
- Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13x9 dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add ice cream; mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing down lighty.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before cutting.