A frosty, creamy, tropical treat. Just the thing for an afternoon in the sun or a cookout after a long, summer day. Want some spiced rum with that?
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or preferred sweetener) (optional) or 2 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (or preferred sweetener) (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- pineapple slice (to garnish) (optional)
- spiced rum (optional)
- Pour juice, milk, and vanilla into blender. Add allspice and Splenda.
- Add ice to fill blender up to the 5 cup line.
- Mix on whatever speed your blender’s manual recommends for crushing ice until creamy and slushy.
- Serve in tall glasses dusted with additional allspice if desired. Can be garnished with a dollop of whipped cream and a split ring of pineapple hung on the glass if desired.
- Adults may enjoy adding a shot of spiced rum.