Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fun and quick...another from the Lone Star Legacy Cookbook. They are different, and a good use of the pineapple that is waiting for a holiday ham. Does not include freezing time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 2 cups pineapple yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (or your favorite)
- Blend cream cheese and sugars, beating well.
- Add pineapple and yogurt.
- Spoon into cupcake liners placed in a muffin tray.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer about 10 minutes prior to serving.
I tried it and I liked it. I used walnuts instead of pecans--that's what I had on hand. I'm not finished with this recipe yet. It's a nice one to build on. I'm thinking maybe a little coconut on the top. Chopped cherries might be a good addition. This salad would make a good filling for little frozen tarts. Thanks for sharing.
This is DIVINE. My fiance and I ate at a restaurant not too long ago that served this as a side on a meat plus three plate. He absolutely flipped over it, so I decided to search the recipe out and make it for him as a surprise. Well, I did, and he was! It is a refreshing frozen salad that goes great with turkey, chicken or ham. Thanks for sharing, Tinks!