- 4 cups basil leaves, washed,dry and loosely packed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (approx.)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts or 4 tablespoons walnuts or 4 tablespoons almonds (or a combination of 2 or 3)
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything, except your cheeses into a processor.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth, you may need to stop once to scape.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl and add your cheeses.
- Blend well.
- Take ice cube trays and fill each section with pesto.
- Put the trays into the freezer until frozen and pop the cubes out into a zip-loc bag.
- If you grow basil, this is a God-send as what to do with all that basil.
- It lasts all winter.
- Its' wonderful for sauces, dips, soups, you name it.