Recipe by grandma2969
this is really good...goes nice with summer cookouts...my family requests if often In stead of heavy cream, I used a pkg of prepared dream whip..but wonder if you could not use Cool Whip..to cut calories and fat I found this recipe in a box of clippings from a Church garage sale..
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cinnamon red-hot candies
- 10 1⁄2 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb soft butter mints, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- combine pineapple, gelatin powder, cinnamon candies and marshmallows.
- mix well.
- chill overnight.
- the next day -- beat cream 1 cup at a time.our prepare dream whip -- add crushed butter mints and blend well.
- pour into chilled pineapple mixture --
- fold all together well and freeze 2-4 hours or well chilled.