Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious dessert pie that was featured in Womens Day magazine a few years back, it was a $5,000 first prize winner :)
- 6 ounces peanut brittle, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened, but not melted
- 1 (6 ounce) ready-crust butter crust pie crusts
- 2⁄3 cup milk chocolate chips or 13 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar (icing)
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
- Reserve some of the brittle for decoration.
- Mix the remaining brittle with the softened ice cream in a large bowl.
- Spoon into the pie crust, mounding it in the center.
- Smooth with metal spatula; cover with foil, and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir chocolate chips and the whipping cream, until the chocolate melts, and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the confectioners sugar and peanut butter until blended.
- Remove the pie from the freezer.
- Place the pie on wax paper to catch any drips.
- Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the frozen filling, working quickly, spreading with a metal spatula (topping may flow over the edge of pie).
- Put back in the freezer; freeze for 1-2 hours, or until topping is firm.
- Just before serving, decorate with reserved brittle.