Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from my favorite peanut butter desserts folder. This pie has to be frozen at least 7 hours before slicing. Just a tip, remove from freezer just before fully frozen, then slice with a sharp knife, and return to freezer to freeze completely, it's a lot easier then slicing it when it is completely frozen. To save time, beat the whipping cream well in advance and refrigerate until ready to use for this recipe. The peanut butter/cream cheese mixer is quite thick, so if you have a stand mixer I suggest to use it for this. Peanut butter lovers will love this pie!
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust (store-bought or you can make your own chocolate crust)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (do not use home made for this)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipped cream (measure 1-3/4 cups before whipping)
- 5 Cadbury Crispy Crunch bars (use full-size bars for this) or 5 butterfinger candy bars, finely chopped (use full-size bars for this)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl using a electric mixer, beat 1-3/4 cups whipping cream until very stiff peaks form; then refrigerate while making the rest of the pie.
- In another bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla and 1 cup sugar until very smooth (about 5-6 minutes, the mixture will be thick).
- Gently FOLD in the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon the filling into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle the chopped chocolate bars over the peanut butter/cream filling.
- Place in the freezer until very firm (about 7 hours).