Recipe by Deantini
if you love peanut butter and chocolate, you will love this pie! My family just loved this. I made 1 1/2 x of the crust and chocolate topping.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
So, I cheated slightly, I used a premade Oreo Cookie Crumb Crust, but followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it was delicious. It tastes sort of like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. This will definitely be made again and again in our household. I took a photo, but am having a tech issue with my computer and need to get that fixed before I can upload it. I made this recipe for Everyday Is A Holiday October 2013.
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, stir wafer crumbs with butter until thoroughly moistened; pat onto bottom only of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Filling: In bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar and whipping cream; whisk in peanut butter until smooth. Spread evenly over crust; freeze for 1 hour.
- Topping: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over filling. Sprinkle peanuts around edge of pie. Freeze for about 1 hour or until completely set.
- (Make-ahead: Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 1 week.) Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.