Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Yes, I tell you this can be done and NOT be soggy when defrosted! I have been having my students make these for years now....nothing new....so I was surprised that it was not listed on Zaar! Cooking time is actually freezing time.
- 2 slices whole grain wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, soften (not melted)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons jelly (can use honey)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread soften butter over inside of each bread slice. Cover to edges. This does not have to be thick.
- Spread peanut butter over the butter but NOT all the way to the edge.
- Spread jelly over the peanut butter.
- Close sandwich. Do not cut!
- Place into a sandwich bag. Close, place flat in freezer.
- When frozen, (about one hour) remove from freezer, open small part of bag and squeeze out air. Reseal.
- Place sandwich bag in a freezer bag, squeeze out air and return to freezer.
- These sandwiches can remain frozen for some time. I have had then after four month and they tasted as good as freshly made.
- My students usually make ten at a time. They pop them in their bags and it is defrosted by lunchtime!