1/2 Photos of Frozen Peach Torte With Almond Crust
1 hr 30 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
This beautiful and elegant torte can be prepared three days before serving. Not an easy recipes, takes a little work, but well worth it! You will get nonstop oohhs and aahhs. They'll think you bought it at a gourmet bakery!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons kirsch (clear cherry brandy)
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted peeled peach
- 4 peaches, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Coarsely chop nuts with brown sugar, flour and salt in processor.
- 3Add butter; process until nuts are finely chopped.
- 4Press half of mixture over bottom of 9-inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides.
- 5Press remaining half of mixture over bottom of 9-inch-diameter cake pan.
- 6Bake until crusts are golden, about 20 minutes.
- 7Transfer to racks; cool completely.
- 8Break the crust in the cake pan into crumbs.
- 9Leave the one in the springform pan as is.
- 10Place 1 tablespoon water in small bowl.
- 11Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand until gelatin softens, about 10 minutes.
- 12Whisk yolks, sugar, kirsch and 3 tablespoons water in medium metal bowl until blended.
- 13Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water; whisk constantly until mixture registers 160 degrees on candy thermometer, about 4 minutes.
- 14Remove bowl from over water.
- 15Add gelatin, then white chocolate and whisk until gelatin dissolves and chocolate melts.
- 16Let stand until mixture is cool but not set, whisking occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 17Beat cream in large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 18Fold yolk mixture into cream.
- 19Spread 1/3 of mousse over crust in springform pan.
- 20Sprinkle half of chopped peaches over.
- 21Sprinkle half of crumbs over peaches.
- 22Drop 1/3 of mousse by tablespoonfuls over peaches, spacing evenly.
- 23Spread mousse carefully over, covering crumbs.
- 24Sprinkle with remaining chopped peaches and crumbs.
- 25Carefully spread remaining mousse evenly over.
- 26Cover and freeze overnight.
- 27Can be made 3 days ahead, keep frozen.
- 28Mix peach slices and powdered sugar in medium bowl.
- 29Let stand 15 minutes.
- 30Using knife, cut around pan sides to loosen torte.
- 31Release pan sides; transfer torte to platter.
- 32Arrange peaches in concentric circles atop torte.
- 33Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes and serve.
- 34Option: Finely chop some peaches with the skin on, add some powdered sugar and press it around the circumference of the torte to give it a different look!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Frozen Peach Torte With Almond Crust
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 194.4 mg
- Sodium 46.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: