Recipe by Jane Gib
This can be made with any fruit instead of peaches. Fresh fruit and juices can be substituted for the canned fruit. Use a combination of fruit and juices to make up the weight required
- 2 (285 g) cans peach halves in juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 can of peaches and the honey, vanilla and ginger in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Process the other peaches and add to mixture, stirring to combine.
- Divide mixture into two 20cm deep round cake tins.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours, until almost solid.
- Working on one cake tin at a time, place mixture in large mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater for 1 minute to break up large ice crystals.
- Return mixture to tin and repeat with the other cake tin.
- Cover again with plastic wrap and return to freezer for a further 2 hours.
- Repeat beating process.
- Refreeze until just firm.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.