Recipe by Adrienne in Reisterstown
It's let down your hair, take off your pantyhose, burn your to-do list, have a cocktail because I want one day! Just cuz I said so. With me? Ok...here's a TOTALLY wickedly, sinful delish one for you. I'm putting this recipe up in June but if it were Ground Hog Day we would all be waiting breathlessly for Punxsutawney Phil to emerge from his burrow. If he saw his shadow, we would have six more weeks of winter. I say, let's drink to Phil! Don't look so confused. I'm just carrying on about enjoying life for whatever reason, right? Enjoy this Bellini-esque slush for grown ups!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, to rim glasses
- 1 pint peach sorbet
- 2 (1 1/2 fluid ounce) shots triple sec, Grand Marnier or 2 Cointreau liqueur
- 750 ml chilled champagne, 1/3 bottle or 750 ml sparkling wine, to fill blender 1/3 bottle
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a shallow bowl of water along side a shallow bowl with 1/4 cup sugar in it. Dip 4 cocktail glasses in water, then sugar to rim glass.
- Place 4 scoops peach sorbet in blender.
- Add 2 shots orange liqueur.
- Fill blender with Champagne to maximum fill line or up to 1-inch from top of blending pitcher. Place cover on blender tightly.
- Blend until smooth and pour into cocktail glasses, keeping an eye out not to wreck the pretty sugar rims.
- Garnish with a few raspberries and a sprig of mint and serve.