Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not a very good cook... My family nicknamed me Ellie May when I was a kid. My mom tried to teach me how to cook, but I had little patience to learn. The only way she could teach me anything was to find quick and easy recipes for me, like this one. I have since used this simple recipe to teach my son how to can and will be using it this weekend to teach my nieces. It's fast and easy and produces wonderful results making it the perfect first canning lesson.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- Thoroughly mix orange juice concentrate with water and pectin in large saucepan.
- Stir constantly over high heat until bubbles form around edge.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Bring to full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim.
- Pour into sterilized jars. Fill to within 1/2 inch of top. Screw on lid firmly. Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes (add 1 minute for over 5000 feet).