Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Great to make with the kids for their Halloween Party, but great for all the "Older Buzzards" too! Prep time does not include freezing time.
- Cut off the top of the oranges and gently hollow out the pulp, leaving a thick shell.
- Hollow pulp out of cut-off tops too.
- Carefully cut Jack-O'Lantern faces into each orange.
- Freeze hollowed shells for at least 1 hours.
- Pack scoops of ice cream into frozen shells, avoiding letting the ice cream ooze out of eyes or mouth.
- Cut a small hole in the top of each orange.
- Set tops back on over the ice cream. and insert a cinnamon-stick stem through the hole.
- Freeze for at least 3 hrs., or until serving time.
My grandaughters and I had fun making these to have for dessert after our Halloween lunch. They really liked them and we had so much fun making them together! Thanks for sharing!