Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Great to make with the kids for their Halloween Party, but great for all the "Older Buzzards" too! Prep time does not include freezing time.
Top Review by Me In My Pantry
My grandaughters and I had fun making these to have for dessert after our Halloween lunch. They really liked them and we had so much fun making them together! Thanks for sharing!
- 24 navel oranges
- 16 ounces dark chocolate ice cream or 16 ounces fudge chocolate ice cream
- 24 whole cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off the top of the oranges and gently hollow out the pulp, leaving a thick shell.
- Hollow pulp out of cut-off tops too.
- Carefully cut Jack-O'Lantern faces into each orange.
- Freeze hollowed shells for at least 1 hours.
- Pack scoops of ice cream into frozen shells, avoiding letting the ice cream ooze out of eyes or mouth.
- Cut a small hole in the top of each orange.
- Set tops back on over the ice cream. and insert a cinnamon-stick stem through the hole.
- Freeze for at least 3 hrs., or until serving time.